City Garden Hotels
City Garden Grand Hotel (“CGGH”) is a subsidiary of the City Garden Group of Hotels (“CGH”) and is the parent company of City Garden Suites Manila, City Garden Hotel Makati and City Garden Grand Hotel (collectively, the “Hotels”). In this Privacy Notice the Hotels may be referred to collectively, as “City Garden”, “we”, “us” or “our.”
This Privacy Notice describes our practices in connection with information that we collect through websites operated by us from which you are accessing this Privacy Notice (the “Websites”), and through our social media pages that we control from which you are accessing this Privacy Notice (collectively, our “Social Media Pages”), (collectively, the “Services”). This Privacy Notice also applies to our offline collection of information. The information you provide helps us to operate effectively and continually provide you with the best hospitality products, services and experiences.
Your Acceptance of Our Privacy Notice
By using the Services, you accept the terms of this Privacy Notice and the ways we may use your information. If you do not accept the terms of this Notice, please do not continue to use the Services.
What Information Is Collected and How Is It Collected?
We may collect personal information (which is information that identifies you or relates to you as an identifiable person) about you such as your:
• Postal address (including billing and shipping addresses)
• Telephone number
• Email address
• Credit and debit card number
• Financial information
• Social media account ID
• Stay information
• Communication preferences
We may collect information from you when you interact with us such as when you:
• Register for a product or service
• Contact us with a question or request
• Use our Services
• Make a payment for a product or service
• Stay at one of our properties
• Provide a testimonial or story
• Participate in a competition or sweepstake
• Participate in our loyalty program
Other Information We Collect about you:
o One of the purposes of cookies is to simplify the use of the Website. A cookie may save a user’s login details for example, so that the user does not need to login every time. Cookies, by themselves, do not provide us with your personal information.
o Cookies may be either “persistent” or “temporary” (or “session”) cookies. A persistent cookie retains user preferences for a particular Website allowing those preferences to be used in future browsing sessions and remains valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A temporary cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
o Cookies are also used for statistical or marketing purposes, to determine how the Website is used. These cookies are provided by us as well as by third parties (e.g., advertising partners). While we do not control or have access to the advertiser cookies we do permit those cookies to be used on this Website to facilitate tailored advertising and to monitor patterns of buying specific goods or interest in – for example, holidays or hobbies. These cookies run advertisements tailored to the user based on his online buying habits.
o Your browser may be set to allow you to be notified when a cookie is to be placed on your browser, decline the cookie, or delete cookies that have been placed on your browser. Some functions of our Web sites may not work or may work slowly if a cookie is refused.
• Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics to help us get a better understanding of how visitors use this Website. The information generated by the Google Analytics cookie about your use of this Website is transmitted to and stored by Google. If you do not want your activity on this Website to be tracked by Google Analytics, you may opt out by using this link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
• From Other Sources: We may receive your personal information from other sources, such as public databases; joint marketing partners; social media platforms; from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected on social media platforms, as well as from other third parties. For example, if you elect to connect your social media account to your Website account, certain personal information from your social media account will be shared with us, which may include personal information that is part of your profile or your friends’ profiles.
• Mobile Devices: When you use access our Services from a mobile device, we may collect information such as your unique device ID and your location information.
How Do We Use Your Information?
The information we collect from you helps us to identify ways that we can continue to serve you in the best way possible and provide you with personalized products and services that suit your lifestyle.
We use personal information for the following purposes:
• To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you newsletters.
• To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Services or an event in which you are attending and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
• To complete and fulfill any purchases or requests for services, for example, to process your payments or a hotel stay or vacation rental, communicate with you regarding your purchase and provide you with related customer service.
• To send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you via postal mail, email, telephone or SMS.
• To personalize your experience on the Services by presenting products and offers tailored to you.
• To allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information, so we suggest that you read these rules carefully.
• To facilitate social sharing functionality.
• To allow you to send messages to a friend through the Services. By using this functionality, you are telling us that you are entitled to use and provide us with your friend’s name and email address.
• For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
• As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We may also aggregate and/or anonymize personal information for research, to improve our products and services; and for other business purposes.
How Do We Disclose Your Information?
Your information may be disclosed as follows:
• Affiliates: To other City Garden businesses (our “Affiliates”) which may jointly use the personal information for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice.
• Vendors and Service Providers: We may disclose your information to vendors and service providers retained by us in connection with our business such as: travel services companies, financial services companies, property owners’ associations, vacation insurance companies, website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, credit card processing, tax and financial advisers, legal advisers, accountants or auditing services.
• Merger or Acquisition: A third party who acquires any part of City Garden Hotels itself or any of its Affiliates, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation or purchase of all or a substantial portion of our assets.
• Disclosure Permitted by Law: Law enforcement authorities, government or public agencies, regulators, and/or to any other person having appropriate legal authority or justification for receipt of your information, if we believe that we are required or permitted to do so by law or legal process, to respond to claims, or to protect the rights, property or safety of City Garden or others.
• Anonymized/Aggregated Information: Because aggregated or anonymized information does not personally identify you, we may use it for any purpose. If we combine anonymized or aggregated data with personal information, we will treat the combined information as personal information according to this Privacy Notice.
How Do We Safeguard Your Information?
• Security of Your Information: We will take reasonable steps to protect the information you provide us from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We have implemented appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to help safeguard and secure your information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration or destruction. Unfortunately, no security system is 100% secure, thus we cannot ensure the security of information that you provide to us via the Services.
Other Important Information
• Information Provided on Someone Else’s Behalf: If you provide us with information about someone else, please ensure you have the person’s permission to do so for the purposes detailed in this Privacy Notice.
• Links to Websites: The Services may have links to other websites that are not operated by us and therefore, we have no control over how these websites may collect your information. You should read the privacy notices on those other websites before you submit your information through them.
• Social Media Sites: Please note that we are not responsible for the collection, usage and disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including any personal information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the Apps or our Social Media Pages.
• Changes to Our Privacy Notice: From time to time we may revise this Notice and/or use personal information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in this Notice to meet changes in the regulatory or business environment, or to satisfy the needs of our customers and service providers. Updated and date stamped versions will be posted on the Services.
• Retention Period. We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
Choices and Contact Us with Your Questions
• Marketing: We may contact you by email, telephone, SMS or postal mail with information about products or services offered by City Garden or a third party that may be of interest to you. You can opt-out in this way at any time by:
o Using the unsubscribe function in the email you receive from us.
o If you do not wish to receive further direct marketing from us about City Garden products or services, send a letter to the address listed below.
• Access to Information We Hold about You: If you would like to access, obtain copies, update, correct or request that we suppress or delete any of the information we hold about you or if you require further information from us about how we use your information please contact us by sending a letter to the address listed below. In some jurisdictions, you may be charged a reasonable fee for access to your information.
If after reviewing this Notice, you have any questions or privacy concerns please send a letter to:
City Garden Hotels
ATTN: VP Finance and Administration
8008 Makati Avenue (cor. Kalayaan Ave.)
Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines 1200
Effective Date: September 16, 2015
Last Updated Date: September 16, 2020